Beef liver stew is a dish that you are sure to fall in love with. It’s a great way to add the benefits of this powerful organ meat to your diet, without worrying about the taste.
Beef liver is full of vitamin A, so beef liver is good for acne and this stew could help your skin. In addition, beef liver boosts testosterone, so this dish is perfect to eat when building muscle.
One of the main things to remember is you do not need a lot of ingredients. However, the ingredients you do use should be of high quality. This will ensure a perfect dish that is both healthy and delicious.
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1 lb beef liver
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp beef bouillon
How to Cook Beef Liver Stew
- Wash beef liver with cold water and cut it into small equal size pieces. Set it aside. Make sure you know how to clean beef liver before cooking.
- Take a heavy bottom pot and add oil to it. Heat it over low-medium heat and add chopped garlic, onion, and tomatoes. Cook for 3-4 minutes until fragrant and soft.
- Now add tomato paste, spices, and soy sauce, and stir. Then add beef liver and cook for 3 to 4 minutes only.
- Add 1 cup of water and cook for 4–5 minutes. Your beef liver stew is ready. Top with green onion and serve hot!
Tips & Tricks
- If you want your beef liver more tender soak it in milk for 30 to 40 minutes before cooking.
- One of the most common mistakes people make is storing the leftovers improperly, which can lead to food poisoning or other illness. The best way to store leftover beef liver is to let it cool completely and then place it in an airtight container. Don’t store it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- You can top the stew with your favorite greens like chopped cilantro, green onions, or chopped arugula.
- You can serve it with plain white rice, mashed potatoes, salad, or roasted vegetables.
- Try to get a fresh liver for making this recipe because fresh liver just like fresh meat is always juicier when cooked.
- Don’t cook the liver too long. In this way, it will become chewy and dry.
- Small liver pieces are better than large chunks. It is also recommended to cut the liver evenly so they are cooked through all at the same time.
Not sure what to do with liver for other meals to get this ancestral superfood into your diet? Here are some other great recipe ideas:
Leave a Reply