What flashes through your mind when you think of foods with anti-acne effects? You might be thinking of leafy green vegetables with antioxidants.
Salad and leafy green vegetables do indeed contain antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins; however, the real acne-fighting food is one you wouldn’t even don’t expect — beef liver.
We’ll explain the research behind why beef liver is good for acne and why it has multiple other skin benefits.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
What Causes Acne?
Acne development is greatly dependent on food and nutrition. Acne doesn’t have a single cause, but several factors promote it.
Acne is formed when:
- A skin pore is blocked due to excessive cell division or too much oil production
- The blocked skin pore is infected by bacteria
- An infected and blocked pore gets inflamed, turning into a red pimple
The Role of Vitamin A
When it comes to treatment, vitamin A has proven highly effective in the treatment of acne.
Vitamin A is a fat-soluble vitamin that helps to slow down all the aspects of acne development:
- It reduces the size of the sebaceous gland, a gland that produces oily skin
- It improves and fastens wound healing. As a result, acne gets better with vitamin A supply
- It works as an antioxidant and protects the skin from the damaging effects of free radicals
- It plays a role in the normal shedding of skin cells and ensures that the dead cells don’t clog the skin pores
- It plays a role in the reduction of inflammation
Due to the protective and beneficial effects of vitamin A, it’s more effective than many drugs for acne.
Why is Beef Liver Good for Acne?
Beef liver is an amazing source of vitamin A, and can help acne patients who are deficient.
Beef liver is also rich in copper, zinc and selenium. Copper promotes zinc absorption.
This rich source of vitamin A shouldn’t be missing in your diet when you’re struggling against acne.
Conclusion: Eating Beef Liver For Skin Benefits
Acne develops when your skin’s pores and sebaceous glands are blocked and inflamed. Foods that help against infection and inflammation are helpful in managing acne.
Vitamin A promotes skin health and is quite effective in managing acne as it is anti-inflammatory and regulates the normal shedding of skin cells.
Beef liver helps in acne management due to its rich supply of vitamin A. If you’re suffering from acne, try incorporating beef liver into your diet and watch how your skin improves.