On a rainy day or a cold winter night, a warm bowl of bone broth is especially comforting. It consists of nothing but animal-based products, making it a carnivore meal in the purest form.
Bone broth on the carnivore diet is simple and easy to make, and is highly nutritious as well. Here we show you an easy recipe that you can make and consume any time of day.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Bone Broth Benefits
Bone broth has a lot of collagen fiber that is beneficial for skin and bones. Let’s take a look at some of the benefits that bone broth has to offer.
Bone broth contains amino acids that help to stimulate muscle protein synthesis, which is highly important for the maintenance and development of skeletal muscles.
Helps in Fat Loss
Bone broth has very low caloric content yet is very filling and helps to satisfy your appetite. This is because it contains gelatin protein that promotes the feeling of having a full stomach.
Keeps You Hydrated
There are not a lot of options for carnivore diet drinks. Therefore, it is easy to get dehydrated on this diet. However, drinking bone broth is a simple yet efficient way of ensuring that not only do your water levels stay steady but your nutrient needs are also met.
Increases Immunity & Fights Inflammation
Bone broth contains plenty of amino acids such as glutamine, cysteine, and arginine. which boost immune system health. Therefore, bone broth is a great way of boosting your immunity. Moreover, these amino acids help to reduce intestinal inflammation as well.
Image Source: https://unsplash.com/photos/Ufou8QA4mlo
Easy Carnivore Diet Bone Broth Recipe
This recipe is simple, requires only a few steps, but is absolutely delicious.
- 2 kg Animal Bones (Lamb, Beef, Turkey, Chicken)
- 4 Liters Water
- 2 tbsps. Salt
- 2 tbsps. Vinegar (Optional)
- Preheat your oven to 230 degrees Celsius.
- Take a deep roasting dish and place all the animal bones in it.
- For better taste, sprinkle some salt over the bones.
- Roast the bones for 15 minutes. Turn them over and roast for 15 minutes more.
- Take a large cooking pot and pour the water into it.
- Take the bones out and put them in the pot.
- Add the salt and vinegar.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Let it simmer on low heat for 5 to 6 hours.
- Keep skimming the layer of foam that forms on the surface to get a clear broth.
- Allow the broth to cool and strain it using a clean cheesecloth.
- Add salt to taste and enjoy your hot, delicious bone broth. You can store it in glass jars in the fridge for one week.
Image Source: https://www.pexels.com/photo/bowl-of-soup-3559899/
Carnivore Bone Broth Tips
Here are a few tips that will help you while you are cooking bone broth.
- Keep the fan on in your kitchen, it will keep your kitchen from stinking.
- Roast the bones first to ensure that the bones are cooked through and well caramelized.
- If your broth tastes bland, you need to roast the bones a little longer. A little bit of additional salt works wonders as well. You can also ncrease the bone to water ratio for a richer taste.
Bone Broth on Carnivore Diet: Final Word
Bone broth is a healthy, nutritious drink that you can have while you are on the carnivore diet. It helps to build muscles, keeps you hydrated, improves your immunity and enhances the quality of sleep. Moreover, it is super easy and quick to make. It makes the perfect carnivore diet breakfast.
Follow the above-mentioned recipe and start your journey to a better, fitter version of yourself.